Smoked Garlic Basil Butter
- 2 sticks softened butter
- 1 head smoked garlic
- 1 bunch basil
- salt and pepper
Cut garlic in half horizontally and squeeze out. Pulse all ingredients in food processor until blended and smooth. Spread on fresh bread or radishes or put on sheet of saran wrap and shape into log. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until chilled. Slice coins and put on grilled fish or steak. Freezes well.
Smoked Rainbow Trout Hash with horseradish dill cream
- 1 smoked trout flaked
- ¼ cup chopped cooked bacon
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1 smoked jalapeno minced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups Yukon gold potatoes cut into ½ inch pieces
Boil potatoes until fork tender but not falling apart. Drain well and put aside. Day old potatoes work especially well. Cook onions, peppers, jalapeno, and garlic in oil of your choice until tender. Add potatoes, cumin, salt, and pepper. Cook until potatoes are crispy. Add trout and cook one more minute. Garnish with spring onions and serve with a fried egg and horseradish dill cream.
Horseradish Dill Cream
- 1 cup sour cream or crème fraiche
- juice of half a lemon
- pinch fre sh dill
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- salt and pepper
Smoked salmon pizza
- 1 pre-baked 12-inch diameter pizza shell (recommended: Ceriello Fine Foods)
- 8 ounces soft cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 6 ounces smoked sliced salmon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons chopped capers
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place pizza shell on a baking sheet. Spread cream cheese over entire surface of pizza shell. Sprinkle with garlic powder and lay salmon slices on top. Bake until cream cheese melts and salmon is golden. Top with chives and capers
Smoked Salmon Burgers
- 1 Tablespoon minced green onions
- 1 Tablespoon minced Red Onions
- 1 Tablespoon drained capers (or to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- 16 mini buns
- thin slices peeled cucumber.
In a bowl, coarsely shred salmon. Fold in scallions, dill, lemon juice, mustard and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Watermelon and smoked goat cheese salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 cups watercress, tough stems removed, or mixed salad greens (5 ounces)
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon (about 3 pounds with the rind) (see Tips)
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced red onion (1/4 small)
- 2 ounces goat cheese , crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts (2 ounces), toasted (see Tips)
Whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, salt and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. Add watercress, watermelon and red onion; toss to coat. Divide among 5 plates. Top with goat cheese and hazelnuts to serve.
Melon selection & storage:Look for symmetrical unblemished melons, without flat sides, that have a creamy yellow spot on the bottom indicating ripeness. At 92% water, this fruit should feel heavy when you heft it. Precut melon flesh should be dense, firm and appear moist.Store in the refrigerator for up to a week or keep in a cool, dark spot. Cover the cut surface of melon with plastic wrap and refrigerate.To toast walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts, spread nuts onto a baking sheet and bake at 350°F, stirring once, until fragrant, 7 to 9 minutes. To toast sliced almonds, cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.